About the Trust
We were initially established in 2003 as Sheffield Care Trust and on 01 July 2008 we were authorised to operate as Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust.
As a membership-based organisation our Board of Directors is accountable to the communities that we serve mainly through our Council of Governors, and directly to our members at our Annual Members’ Meeting.
With an annual income of approximately £124.5 million and around 2,400 members of staff, we provide mental health, learning disability, substance misuse, community rehabilitation, and a range of primary care and specialist services to the people of Sheffield. We also provide some of our specialist services to people living outside of Sheffield.
Recent Awards and Accreditations
- Finalist in the HSJ Patient Safety Awards in the 'Learning Disabilities Initiative of the Year' category – April 2019
- CERT shortlisted for Team of the Year at RCNi Awards – April 2019
- Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust scooped three awards at the Positive Practice in Mental Health awards ceremony - October 2018
- RESPECT training programme in the Mental Health Safety Improvement category.
- Dementia inpatient unit at Grenoside Grange (G1) – Specialist Services category.
- Forest Close, our forensic intensive rehabilitation service, won in the Specialist Mental Health Rehabilitation category.
- Shortlisted as finalists for two awards in the Healthcare People Management Association (HPMA) Excellence in HRM Awards – April 2017