Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and celebrate the things that make us all unique. We believe that everyone should have equal access to our services and that our staff all have equality of opportunity.
No-one should face discrimination of any kind in our organisation. The Equality Act 2010 outlines a series of characteristics that are protected by law:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage or Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy or maternity
- Religion or belief (including lack of religion or belief)
- Sexual orientation
Our commitment to equality ensures that everyone who we support and anyone works at the Trust does not face discrimination of any kind.
We have several active staff network groups who play an important role in fostering a culture of inclusion including:
- The Ethnically Diverse Staff Network Group
- The Disability Staff Network Group
- The Lived Experience Staff Network Group
- The Rainbow Staff Network Group
- The Staff Carers Staff Network Group
- The Women’s Staff Network Group
The networks also advocate for their members and the many opportunities in place to influence the design and delivery of our organisational strategy and policies which can then help improve staff experience, engagement and satisfaction
Our commitment to equality ensures that everyone who we support, and anyone who works at the Trust does not face discrimination of any kind.
Our Equality Objectives
We reviewed and updated our equality objectives back in 2020 and set ourselves a series of priorities and goals to be achieved by 2024.
- Our services are accessible to all
- People who use our services have equitable outcomes and experience
- Our People are Empowered, Engaged and Well Supported
- Our Leadership is Inclusive at All Levels
You can find out more about our equality objectives by visiting www.shsc.nhs.uk/aboutus/equality-diversity-and-inclusion