Terms and Eligibility
TERM OF OFFICE
The appointment will be for 3 years subject to satisfactory annual reviews. At the end of the term with the agreement of the Nominations and Remuneration Committee this may be extended by a further 3 year term.
QUALIFICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
A person may be appointed as a Non-Executive Director only if:
- they are a Member of the Public Constituency (as outlined below), or
- they are a Member of the Service Users, and Carers' Constituency, and
- where any of the Trust’s hospitals includes a medical or dental school provided by a university, they exercise functions for the purposes of that university
- they are not disqualified by virtue of the below.
Please note you do not need to be a resident of Sheffield but you will need to attend Trust premises regularly.
The following may not become or continue as a member of the Board
- a person who has been adjudged bankrupt or whose estate has been sequestrated and (in either case) has not been discharged;
- a person who has made a composition or arrangement with, or granted a trust deed for their creditors and has not been discharged in respect of it;
- a person who within the preceding five years has been convicted in the British Isles of any offence if a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of not less than three months (without the option of a fine) was imposed on them;
- a person who falls within the further grounds for disqualification set out in Annex 9 of the Trust’s constitution a link to which is here SHSC Constitution - Dec 2019.pdf.
Candidates must be a member of the Trust in the Public Constituency, outlined below:
Sheffield North East
West Ecclesfield, East Ecclesfield, Southey,
Firth Park, Burngreave, and Shiregreen and
Sheffield North West
Stocksbridge and Upper Don, Stannington,
Hillsborough, Walkley, Broomhill and Central
Sheffield South East
Darnall, Manor Castle, Arbourthorne,
Richmond, Birley, Mosborough, Beighton
Sheffield South West
Gleadless Valley, Dore and Totley, Fulwood,
Graves Park, Nether Edge, Ecclesall,
Beauchief and Greenhill, and Crookes
All wards in England
Candidates do not need to be a resident of Sheffield but you will need to attend Trust premises regularly.