We are the main provider of a wide range of specialist health and social care services to individuals and their carers or families in Sheffield.
The wide range of our services includes:
- Primary care services for people of all ages which we deliver through our GP practices
- Rehabilitation services for people with brain injuries or those living with the consequences of a long-term neurological condition
- Services for adults with drug and alcohol misuse problems
- Psychological therapies for people with mild and moderate mental health problems
- Community-based mental health services for people with serious and enduring mental illness
- Services that support people with a learning disability, their families and carers
- Services that support people with dementia, their families and carers
- In-patient mental health services for adults and older people
- Specialist services including: eating disorders, adult autism, assertive outreach services for homeless people and members of the traveller community, perinatal mental health services and gender dysphoria services
- Supported employment and health promotion
- Teaching and research.
We accept referrals from the neighbouring South Yorkshire area and further afield for our specialist services. Sheffield residents make up about 94% of all service users we provide care and treatment for, and overall we provide services to just over 55,000 people a year.
Our main commissioning partners are NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group and the Sheffield City Council who commission around 77% of our business.
We offer a full range of services at sites where people live. These services aim to provide care and treatment to individuals and their families and help people to maintain their independence and continue with their day-to-day lives as far as possible.
We provide treatment, care and help on an individual or group basis where support and guidance is offered. We also work alongside GPs and other staff in local health centres, or with staff from other organisations often in the voluntary sector.
We often see people for short periods of time, providing advice and treatment to help resolve the individual’s problems. For those with more serious, longer term difficulties we will support them and work with them for a number of years.
As a Foundation Trust we work in partnership with Sheffield City Council to provide a range of social care services on the Council’s behalf.
We place great importance on working with other organisations to deliver integrated health and social care services to local people. In doing this we aim to reflect and provide for the diverse needs of the people and communities of Sheffield.