Vision, Values and Strategy
To improve the mental, physical and social wellbeing of the people in our communities.
We will do this by:
- Working with and advocating for the local population;
- Refocusing our services towards prevention and early intervention;
- Continuous improvement of our services;
- Locating services as close to peoples’ homes as we can;
- Developing a confident and skilled workforce;
- Ensuring excellent and sustainable services.
Our values are a series of behaviours that everyone at the Trust is expected to live and breathe.
We are proud to live our values each and every day. They outline how we will act to ensure we provide the very best care to the people we support.
Our values are:
- Working together for our service users
- Respect and kindness
- Everyone counts
- Commitment to quality
- Improving lives
In 2021 we worked with our staff to review and relaunch our values to ensure they reflected the behaviours we expect from everyone at Team SHSC.
In 2021, our Board of Directors approved the strategic direction for the Trust for 2021 to 2025.
Our vision and strategic aims will be delivered through four strategic priorities:
- COVID-19 - recovering effectively
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) - getting back to good
- Transformation - changing things that will make a difference
- Partnerships - working together to have a bigger impact
Engaging with service users and carers is at the heart of everything we do. As we implement our strategy the experiences and views of service users, and those of their carers, will inform any changes we make.
To learn more about our Strategic Direction, please follow this link
Our Strategic Aims
As a result of the work we have undertaken with our staff, our Leadership Group, our Joint Consultative Forum, our Council of Governors, the Board, people who use services and our partners, to review our strategic direction, we have revised our strategic aims to formally acknowledge the importance of addressing inclusion for our staff and people who use our services, as follows:
- Deliver outstanding care.
- Create a great place to work.
- Effective use of resources
- Ensure our services are inclusive